1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Explorations in Mathematical Physics

1. Feb 6, 2017 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Its 10 reviews on Amazon seem quite positive. What do you feel about it having browsed it briefly?

My niece has always told me that if a book speaks to you then its a good book. Often I'll peruse a book in the book store and realize the book isn't speaking and so I decide not to buy it.

A few months later, I'll see the same book peruse it again and this time it speaks. I see something interesting and learn something new and then I'll get the book. After a while the books wise up and realize that the only way they'll escape the bookstore is to speak up to someone who is listening.

4. Feb 8, 2017 #3
    Don't have time right now to read it in detail but the book is definitely speaking to me. I think it will be a fantastic read.

5. Feb 8, 2017 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

You should also check online for an errata sheet for the book that indicates what pages may have errors. It will save you time as you ponder some equation only to find its got a typo.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted