Extended Essay, aero engine, help

In summary, a student in Vietnam is looking for advice on choosing an experiment for their extended essay topic on aero engines. They are struggling to find options and are apologizing for any inconvenience. They also mention that natural science may not be the best subject for this topic due to limited experimental options. They ask for any ideas or suggestions from others.
sosukeko

Homework Statement

Hi, I am a IB G11 student in International School in Vietnam, I have chose aero engine as my extended essay topic. Though I know what I am going to research, I am stuck in choosing the experiment for this topic. Could anyone here help me and give some advices for what I am going to do for my experiment?

Apologize and thank to anyone who read this article.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Which subject is this extended essay on? If it's related with a natural science, I think (not to be harsh) it would not be such a good idea because of the lack of experimental options unless you're able to narrow it down into something less general. What ideas for you have so far?

Hello,

I am glad to hear that you have chosen a topic in the field of aero engines for your extended essay. It is a fascinating and complex subject, and I am happy to provide some guidance for your experiment.

Firstly, it would be helpful to have a clear research question or hypothesis for your experiment. This will help guide your experiment and ensure that it is focused and relevant to your topic.

In terms of choosing an experiment, you could consider conducting a performance test on a specific aero engine model. This could involve measuring parameters such as thrust, fuel consumption, and emissions, and comparing them to the engine's design specifications. This would provide valuable insights into the engine's efficiency and performance.

Another option could be to conduct a materials analysis of different components of an aero engine. This could involve testing the strength, durability, and heat resistance of various materials used in the engine, and evaluating their suitability for specific parts.

I would also recommend consulting with your school's science department or a local university for access to equipment and resources for your experiment. Additionally, reaching out to professionals in the aero engine industry for advice and insights could also be beneficial.

I wish you all the best in your research and experiment. Good luck!

1. What is an Extended Essay?

An Extended Essay is a research paper that is required for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program. It is a 4000-word essay that allows students to explore a topic of their choice in depth and demonstrate their research and writing skills.

2. How does an Extended Essay relate to aero engines?

An Extended Essay can be written on any topic, as long as it falls within one of the six subject groups of the IB Diploma Program. Aero engines fall under the subject group of Design Technology, making it a suitable topic for an Extended Essay.

3. What kind of help is available for writing an Extended Essay on aero engines?

There are several resources available for students writing an Extended Essay on aero engines. These include online databases, books, and articles related to aero engine technology. Additionally, students can seek guidance from their teachers, librarians, and subject-specific tutors.

4. What are some key aspects to consider when writing an Extended Essay on aero engines?

When writing an Extended Essay on aero engines, it is important to choose a specific and focused research question, conduct thorough research, and use appropriate sources and referencing techniques. It is also crucial to critically analyze and evaluate the information gathered and present it in a well-structured and coherent manner.

5. How can an Extended Essay on aero engines benefit students?

An Extended Essay on aero engines can benefit students in various ways. It allows them to develop their critical thinking, research, and writing skills. It also gives them the opportunity to explore a topic of interest in depth, potentially leading to a deeper understanding and appreciation of aero engine technology. Additionally, completing an Extended Essay is a valuable experience that can help students prepare for university-level research and writing.