1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Extended essay ideas for physics -- help needed please

1. Nov 1, 2014 #1
    Hi Guys,

I need help with my topic for physics, I'm thinking of doing something on aerodynamics, but if its not possible I need help to figure other topics from physics. I would appreciate any advice you would have to give me. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

Write about frisbee flight. You can talk about its design, do some experiments and even simulate it on a computer. There's a really good paper that describes the flight mechanics in great detail coupled with the biomechanics of throwing it.

http://biosport.ucdavis.edu/sample-page/test-page-1/frisbee-flight-simulation-and-throw-biomechanics/ [Broken]

Sarah Hummel wrote a masters thesis on it.

Or as a variation you could consider the boomerang, or aerobee...

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  4. Nov 1, 2014 #3
    Do you think it would be possible if I tested how different noises/wings on planes affect it's lift and reaction in a wind tunnel?

thank you for your adivce. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted