External controller to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board

In summary, to connect an external controller to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board, you will need to use a USB cable and install the appropriate software and drivers. The recommended software for programming is the AD9959 evaluation software from the Analog Devices website. Any compatible external controller can be used, but it is recommended to use the recommended controller for proper functionality. The programming code can be edited and modified using the evaluation software, and any troubleshooting can be done by ensuring proper connections and software installation, as well as referring to the user manual or contacting Analog Devices for assistance.
layaghi
I need an external controller to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board instead of using USB port.

Engineering news on Phys.org
layaghi said:
I need an external controller to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board instead of using USB port.

What does Analog Devices list on their website?

1. How do I connect an external controller to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board?

To connect an external controller to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board, you will need to use a USB cable to connect the evaluation board to your computer. You will also need to install the appropriate software and drivers for the evaluation board on your computer.

2. What software is needed to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board?

The ad9959 dds evaluation board can be programmed using the AD9959 evaluation software, which can be downloaded from the Analog Devices website. This software allows you to control the parameters of the evaluation board and generate the necessary code to program the board.

3. Can I use any external controller to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board?

Yes, you can use any external controller that is compatible with the evaluation software to program the ad9959 dds evaluation board. However, it is recommended to use the recommended controller from Analog Devices to ensure proper functionality.

4. How do I make changes to the programming code for the ad9959 dds evaluation board?

The programming code for the ad9959 dds evaluation board can be edited using the evaluation software. You can modify the parameters and settings for the evaluation board and generate new code to program the board. Make sure to save your changes before uploading the code to the board.

5. How can I troubleshoot any issues with programming the ad9959 dds evaluation board?

If you are having trouble programming the ad9959 dds evaluation board, make sure that the board is properly connected to your computer and that the correct software and drivers are installed. You can also refer to the user manual or contact Analog Devices for further assistance.