Ezy velocity questions Please help me im desperate

In summary, the conversation discusses questions about objects falling and being launched from a height of 20 m. The first question asks about the time it takes for an object to fall from 20 m to the ground, while the second question asks where the object will hit the ground if launched horizontally from the same height with a velocity of 2 m/s. The relevant equations for solving these problems are the equations for velocity, distance, and time for accelerating bodies.
Idrees
Ezy velocity questions! Please help me // I am desperate!

Homework Statement

a)How long does it take an object to fall from a height of 20 m to reach the ground?

b)if an object is launched horizontally from a height of 20 m with a velocity of 2/m/s where will it hit the ground?

Homework Equations

we can use the velocity /a cceraltion forumulas

The Attempt at a Solution

is part a correct?? i think 20/ 9.8 m/s because its falling vertically which = 2.04 seconds

but part b I am not sure?

Physics news on Phys.org

The first part is wrong.

Write down the relevant equations.

rl.bhat said:
The first part is wrong.

Write down the relevant equations.

The relevant equation will be okay the equation for velocity

velocity= distance / time

we have been given the distance which is 20 m, and were trying to find time , ??

It is true only the velocity is uniform. In a freely falling body the velocity is not constant.
Go through the other kinematic equation for accelerating bodies.

What is Ezy velocity?

Ezy velocity is a concept in physics that refers to the rate of change of an object's position with respect to time. It is commonly measured in meters per second (m/s).

How do you calculate velocity?

Velocity can be calculated by dividing the change in an object's position by the time it takes to make that change. The formula for velocity is: velocity = change in position / change in time.

What are some examples of velocity in everyday life?

Velocity can be observed in various everyday situations, such as a car accelerating on a highway, a ball being thrown, or a person running. It is also used in sports, such as measuring the speed of a baseball pitch or a sprinter's time in a race.

What is the difference between speed and velocity?

Although they are often used interchangeably, speed and velocity have different meanings in physics. Speed refers to the rate of change of an object's distance traveled, while velocity also takes into account the direction of the object's movement.

How is velocity related to acceleration?

Velocity and acceleration are closely related, as acceleration is the rate of change of velocity. In other words, acceleration measures how much an object's velocity changes over time. If an object's velocity increases, it is said to have positive acceleration, while a decrease in velocity is considered negative acceleration.