Fall 2009 Graduate Admissions Thread

In summary, Jason and Tyler both applied to a variety of schools and are waiting for admissions decisions. Tyler is applying to a PhD program in math while Jason is applying to a variety of programs in physics, mathematics, and engineering.
JasonJo said:
I just got into Texas-Austin on a Geometry Fellowship!

Congratulations!

Physics news on Phys.org
JasonJo said:
I just got into Texas-Austin on a Geometry Fellowship!

Congratulations Jason!
Did you receive their email or did you see it via website or did you email them about it?

Thanks to everyone.

Yeah they sent me an email last night (weird because it was a Sunday night, I wasn't expecting it all).

I called Texas today about the visiting day and the staff over there is very very helpful and very nice, I am very impressed with how their whole department is run.

For those who care, UCSD is sending out its first round of admission letters the first week of March. (They just e-mailed me saying that they wanted a list of all math courses + texts I have taken before sending them out).

moo5003 said:
For those who care, UCSD is sending out its first round of admission letters the first week of March. (They just e-mailed me saying that they wanted a list of all math courses + texts I have taken before sending them out).

Another week? But I want it now!

Looks like UCSD's first round of decisions is out (Ph.D CME anyway). No aid letter yet.
Anybody want to teach me how to surf?

Best offer for me (applying for mathematics) seems to be University of Michigan, though I haven't heard back from MIT. Of course, that probably means it didn't happen :D

Good luck to all!, and remember the hard part of the process starts when the classes begin haha

I'm starting to get worried, I have yet to hear back from any of my schools :*(.

Office_Shredder said:
Best offer for me (applying for mathematics) seems to be University of Michigan, though I haven't heard back from MIT. Of course, that probably means it didn't happen :D

Don't despair yet. I was already rejected last weekend by MIT. So, if you haven't heard, maybe your rejected, but maybe you are just on a waitlist.

Office_Shredder said:

university of michigan is a damn good math school

I got into UCSB, but I turned it down. Hopefully someone will know be able to attend UCSB.

I am still waiting to hear from Duke, that's really the only school I'm realistically waiting for.

University Michigan and Northwestern rejected me today, though I was accepted into CUNY with a 5-year fellowship!

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Does someone going to Michigan that fall? I was admitted to applied physics.

Thank you guys

For all you guys that got into schools for math, did you take the GRE math test? I'm debating whetehr or not to take it?