Find area under curve and energy of function (matlab)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
asdf12312
Messages
198
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement


image.png


For the 1st one you wouldn't really need MATLAB I guess to find the area under the curve, it is 0 and so is its energy. For the 2nd one I got A=1.73 and so E=2.99.

Homework Equations


area under curve = evaluate integral from t=t1 to t=t2. in this case t=-2 to t=5 since they are both defined only that far.

energy = area2

The Attempt at a Solution


Used MATLAB and the waveforms for the functions are plotted below. I used trapz() to approximate the integral i.e. to find the area. I could post the MATLAB code but wouldn't think it would be of much use.

image2.png
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hi asdf12312! :smile:

(what are you asking about?)

for the 2nd one, can't you integrate e-t ?
 
I guess you could lol. Integrating e^-t from t=0 to t=2 and e^(t-4) from t=2 to t=4. so u would get the answer i had listed.. i don't really know what my question was :(