1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Find magentic field intensity.

1. Feb 12, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A square with each side of 5 cm in length.Now if 4 parallel wires in each 4A current is flowing were placed on the vertex of the square.How can I find the center of the square of the magnetic strength?

2. Relevant equations
    I am not sure what equation should be used.If I knew I would solve the problem myself.

3. The attempt at a solution
    Since the wires are placed at the corners i.e vertex of square, then the 4 wires will make another square like structure.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2016 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

If it were only one wire placed at a corner, what would be the magnetic field vector at the square center?

4. Feb 12, 2016 #3

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Hi Julian102,

Use the "UPLOAD" button to copy an image file from your machine to the PF site. Then there won't be access problems for displaying the image (a file on your machine's desktop is not accessible to all, so a link to it fails).

5. Feb 14, 2016 #4
    Here is the image.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted