Find Tension in Rope: 45deg, No Moments @A

  • Thread starter Thread starter krnhseya
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Statics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
krnhseya
Messages
102
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the tension of the rope. Theta is 45 degrees and A cannot support any moments.

Homework Equations



Drag=0.5*Cd*(U^2)*A*rho

The Attempt at a Solution



While everything is known, I am unsure of the setup. I initially thought:

T*(cos(45deg))=Drag

But it doesn't work if point A can't support any moments...Thanks.

BTW, all variables in drag equation are given.
 
Attachments
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 443
Physics news on Phys.org
krnhseya said:

Homework Statement



Find the tension of the rope. Theta is 45 degrees and A cannot support any moments.

Homework Equations



Drag=0.5*Cd*(U^2)*A*rho

The Attempt at a Solution



While everything is known, I am unsure of the setup. I initially thought:

T*(cos(45deg))=Drag

But it doesn't work if point A can't support any moments...Thanks.

BTW, all variables in drag equation are given.

It seems we have two torques here. So,

(Drag force)*(some distance, not given?) = T*cos(theta)*(2m)