Find the current in each resistor.

In summary, the speaker is discussing junction labeling and equations for current flow in a circuit. They mention not labeling one junction before a resistor because current will not flow into the positive terminal, and are unsure about which equation to use for the next junction.
whynot314
So I believe I have labeled all my junctions correctly, I did not label one right before the 3rd resistor because I know current won't flow into the positive terminal going from i1. I believe I need another equation fro the junction rule but I don't know if I should use b or e and what should I call those currents.
[PLAIN]http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o745/nebula-314/IMAG0113_zps0e01435d.jpg[/PLAIN]

Physics news on Phys.org
I know I don't have the resistors labeled or anything I am just unsure about what my next junction equation should be I am getting confused.

whynot314 said:
I did not label one right before the 3rd resistor because I know current won't flow into the positive terminal going from i1.
Why not?

What is current?

Current is the rate at which electric charge flows through a conductor. It is measured in units of amperes (A).

What is a resistor?

A resistor is an electrical component that limits the flow of electric current in a circuit. It is typically made of a material that has high resistance, causing it to dissipate energy in the form of heat.

Why is it important to find the current in each resistor?

Knowing the current in each resistor allows us to calculate the voltage drop across each resistor, which is essential in understanding how the circuit is functioning. It also helps in determining the power dissipated by each resistor.

How do you find the current in each resistor?

To find the current in each resistor, you can use Ohm's law, which states that the current (I) is equal to the voltage (V) divided by the resistance (R). This can be represented as I = V/R. You can also use Kirchhoff's current law, which states that the sum of the currents entering a junction in a circuit must equal the sum of the currents leaving the junction.

What factors affect the current in each resistor?

The main factors that affect the current in each resistor are the voltage of the circuit, the resistance of the resistor, and the number of resistors in the circuit. Other factors such as the temperature and material of the resistor may also have an impact.