Find Total Capacitance of Cube w/12 4.71pF Capacitors

  • Thread starter Thread starter eltel2910
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Capacitors Cube
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
eltel2910
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
If I have a cube made out of capacitors, that's one capacitor for everyside for a total of 12 capacitors. Each capacitor is C=4.71 pF. How would I even begin to go about finding the total capacitance?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I assume you mean the total capacitance between diagonal corners.

Start with a little easier problem -- a cube of resistors. There may be a shortcut way, but write the node equations for each of the 8 vertexes, and take advantage of the fact that the resistors have equal value. After you see how that works out, do the cube of capacitors.

Problems like this get harder when the components are of different values.