Find voltage for circuits with buffer amp

In summary, a buffer amplifier is an electronic circuit that isolates a signal source from a load, with a high input impedance and low output impedance to prevent distortion and signal degradation. It is used in circuits to prevent signal interference and improve overall performance, and the voltage can be calculated using the formula Vout = Vin * (1 + (Rf/Rin)). It is important to choose the right buffer amplifier with appropriate gain and impedance for specific circuit needs. Common applications include audio equipment, sensor circuits, and digital logic circuits.
rzn972

Homework Statement

imp1_zps65a1d471.jpe

impedance2_zps2f19a33b.jpe

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I first found Vab which was 10 by using voltage division on the first device. By connecting CD to AB, the equivalent resistor is 80// 20, 16? I am not sure where to go from here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your life would be made easier if you first reduced Device #1 to its Thevenin equivalent and Device #2 to a single equivalent resistance. For part (2) draw the resulting circuit using your simplified device models.

1. What is a buffer amplifier?

A buffer amplifier is an electronic circuit that is used to isolate a signal source from a load. It has a high input impedance and low output impedance, which helps to prevent distortion and signal degradation.

2. Why is a buffer amplifier used in circuits?

A buffer amplifier is used in circuits to prevent the signal from being affected by the load. It also helps to reduce the output impedance and improve the overall performance of the circuit.

3. How do I calculate the voltage for circuits with a buffer amp?

To calculate the voltage for circuits with a buffer amp, you will need to know the input voltage, the gain of the buffer amplifier, and the output voltage. You can use the formula Vout = Vin * (1 + (Rf/Rin)), where Rf is the feedback resistor and Rin is the input resistor.

4. Can I use any buffer amplifier for my circuit?

No, you cannot use any buffer amplifier for your circuit. It is important to choose a buffer amplifier with the appropriate gain and input/output impedance for your specific circuit needs.

5. What are some common applications of circuits with a buffer amp?

Circuits with buffer amplifiers are commonly used in audio equipment, such as guitar amplifiers, to prevent signal distortion. They are also used in sensor circuits to isolate and amplify weak signals, and in digital logic circuits to improve signal integrity.