1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding an equation of a graph

1. Jun 22, 2007 #1
    I need help with finding an equation of a graph. I was wondering if anyone was able to give me an equation to a graph that has a turning point at (0,0) (or a gradient of zero at (0,0)) and a turning point at (60,10). It would be great if you could show you basic working out so I can see how you came to your answer.

y=7.7*10^7 (x)^2) (x - 120)^2 This is one in quartic
    y=4.6*10^-5 (x)^2 (x-120) This is one in cubic

There is more than one answer and I was hoping for as many as people could come up with.

If anyone could help it was be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2007 #2

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

is it a one dimensional function och two dimensional?

Also you "must" show us your work done so far, your thougts and ideas so we can help you. It is no point for us just show how we would do then you copy us..

one question: what is the relationsship between function and derivative? If you know what value the derivative has at one point, how can you determine the function?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?