Finding enthalpy at nozzle throat given total enthalpy and inlet conditions

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Naav_Gothalla
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, This is my first post in this forum :woot:
I have a total enthalpy ht=3000 kj/kg with velocity at inlet v1=20 ms-1, Speed of sound a1=562.5 ms-1 and outlet pressure P2 = 1 bar
With the formula ht=h*+(a*2/2) how do i calculate actual value at throat h* ?

NOTE: (by trial and error)
  • I can take any guesses for enthalpy at throat and i start by considering h*=2800 Kj/kg
  • Total enthalpy and entropy remains constant at 3000 Kj/kg and Entropy with 6.5 Kj/K
  • ht-htinlet != 0 i.e Δ=0
 
Physics news on Phys.org
boneh3ad said:
Have you tried anything yourself yet?
Yes , Sir I found the result.:partytime:
I guessed enthalpy at throat and i start by considering h*=2800 Kj/kg later on i find the speed of air(c*) = velocity of sound at throat(v*) for Mach 1. Furthermore, i calculate actual enthalpy at throat using the formula (h*=ht-c*2/2). I use a solver in excel such that Δh=(ht-h*) should be equal to zero there by finding the actual enthalpy at the throat. Next I calculate pressure and temperature which are a function of enthalpy and entropy.
 
Ah, good to hear that. Sorry no one answered your original post but it sounds like you didn't need it anyway. Carry on!