Finding Kernel of P: Steps to Show Ker(P) is in Ker(P°P)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maths2468
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Kernel
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Maths2468
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I have a linear transformation P:z→z
I want to show the Kernel (p) is a subset of the kernel (P ° P)

I know that the composite function is defined by (P ° P)(x)=P(P(x))

Where do I begin with this?
To find ker(P) I would do P(x)=0 but I am not sure how I would do this here.

What steps should I follow?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Maths2468 said:
I have a linear transformation P:z→z
I want to show the Kernel (p) is a subset of the kernel (P ° P)

I know that the composite function is defined by (P ° P)(x)=P(P(x))

Where do I begin with this?
To find ker(P) I would do P(x)=0 but I am not sure how I would do this here.

What steps should I follow?
We want to find elements ##x## such that ##P(x)\in\operatorname{ker}(P)##. Is 0 such an element?