Finding Length of Diagonals of Rhombus

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrueStar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Length
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
TrueStar
Messages
94
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A rhombus has sides of length 100 centimeters and the angle at one of the vertices is 70 degrees. Approximate the lengths of the diagonals.

Homework Equations


Law of cosines


The Attempt at a Solution



I just want to make sure I have correct assumptions about a rhombus. If one vertices angle is 70 degrees, that means the opposite is as well. Since all four angles should equal 360 degrees, this means that the other remaining angles at 110 degrees each.

This is basically solving for a side of two triangle, I have two side lengths and an angle. My answers came out to about 114.7 centimeters and 163.8 centimeters.

Thanks Again :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Correct! You're welcome even though you didn't really have a question.