Finding permeability of iron at 10 kHz

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
jparr007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I have recently been tasked with finding the permeability of iron at a frequency of 10 kHz. I have never done research before, this is my first time, I been looking all over the internet (IEEE, elsevier, ScienceDirect, etc...) for anything that might give me information on the subject. The lowest frequency I could find was at 30 kHz no less than that. I had never posted on a physics forum before, if I posted too much useless information or talked too much I am sorry. I do not know who to turn to for this research question.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
jparr007 said:
Hello, I have recently been tasked with finding the permeability of iron at a frequency of 10 kHz. I have never done research before, this is my first time, I been looking all over the internet (IEEE, elsevier, ScienceDirect, etc...) for anything that might give me information on the subject. The lowest frequency I could find was at 30 kHz no less than that. I had never posted on a physics forum before, if I posted too much useless information or talked too much I am sorry. I do not know who to turn to for this research question.

You're fine.

Look at the values for 30KHz and the DC values. If they're close, try linear interpolation to get to the 10KHz value. If they're not close, keep looking on the internet. Your best source will be someplace that manufactures the material. They will probably have a graph of mu vs frequency in a catalog. The DC values should be available there.

p.s. The 10KHz value is probably very close to the 30KHz value. You can probably use it.
 
Last edited: