Thank you for your insightful answers but I think the easiest solution was IMS... Thank you so much, I mean I just did it this morning (and yes my maths were wrong.) Solved the equation of
##A####x##=##b##
I was looking for the simplest way to solving it and josh, I think your way is the simplest way for solving it(thanks by the way). Although, I still did not get the equation in the book I got ##A## as a 2x3 matrix
##
\left[
\begin{array} {r r r r}
\ 3 &\ -2 &\ 1 \\
\ 2 &\ 3 &\ -1 \\
\end{array}
\right]
##
Then after rref(A) [or something close to it] I got
##
\left[
\begin{array} {r r r r}
\ -7 &\ 0 &\ 1 \\
\ -5 &\ 1 &\ 0 \\
\end{array}
\right]
##
I calculated by Nullity-Rank that I should have one free column left. I solved and got
##
\left[
\begin{array} {r r r r}
\ 0 &\ 4 &\ 13 \\
\end{array}
\right] = x_{part}^T
##
then I just found out the solution to the null space thank you for correcting my maths tiny-tin
##
\left[
\begin{array} {r r r r}
\ -1 &\ 5 &\ 13 \\
\end{array}
\right] = x_{null}^T
##
then I finished up by allowing ##x_{comp}=\lambda x_{null}+x_{part}; \forall \lambda \epsilon\mathbb{R}##
Although I went though a page and a half of calculation I will remember your method josh!
the answer in the book is ##x_1 = -k+1; x_2 = 5k-1; x_3 = 13k; \forall k \epsilon \mathbb{R}##