Well, any element in [itex]Q[√2,√3][/itex] is by definition a linear combination of [itex]1,√2,√3,√6[/itex] over the rationals, so the dimension is at most 4.
Now, to show that [itex]1, √2, √3[/itex] and [itex]√6[/itex] are linearly independent, I guess I can set up the equation [itex]a+b√2+c√3+d√6=0[/itex]. I will divide the proof in 2 parts.
PART 1
First, I will show that [itex]1, √2[/itex] and [itex]√3[/itex] are linearly independent.
Suppose [itex](*) a + b√2 + c√3 = 0[/itex]. Then:
[itex](b√2+c√3)^2 = a^2[/itex] so [itex]2b^2+3c^2+2bc√6 = a^2[/itex]. Rearranging:
[itex]2bc√6 = a^2 - 2b^2 - 3c^2[/itex]. But the RHS is rational, so [itex]bc = 0[/itex].
Case I: [itex]b = 0[/itex]
[itex]a^2 = 3c^2[/itex] so [itex]a = 0, c = 0[/itex] (since [itex]√3[/itex] is irrational).
Case II: [itex]c = 0[/itex]
[itex]a^2 = 2b^2[/itex] so [itex]a = 0, b = 0[/itex] (since [itex]√2[/itex] is irrational).
Thus the only solution to [itex](*)[/itex] is [itex]a=b=c=0[/itex], and [itex]1, √2[/itex] and [itex]√3[/itex] are linearly independent over the rationals.
PART 2
Now it remains to be shown that [itex]√6[/itex] is linearly independent from [itex]1, √2[/itex] and [itex]√3[/itex]. Suppose [itex]a+b√2+c√3 = √6[/itex].
Then, move [itex]a[/itex] to the RHS and square both sides:
[itex]2b^2+3c^2+2bc√6 = a^2+6-2a√6[/itex] so
[itex]a^2-2b^2-3c^2 + 6 = 2(a+bc)√6[/itex]. So [itex]a+bc=0[/itex] (√6 is irrational).
Replacing [itex]a = -bc[/itex]: [itex]2b^2-b^2c^2+3c^2-6 = 0[/itex]
Factoring: [itex](c^2-2)(3-b^2) = 0[/itex] which has no solutions in the rationals.
Thus the set [itex]\{1,√2,√3,√6\}[/itex] is linearly independent over the rationals, and the dimension of [itex]Q[√2,√3][/itex] is 4.
Good, this is done! But I don't see how this proves invertibility.