Fitting a (Very) Large Random Number To A Formula

In summary, the conversation discusses finding an equation to generate a specific large number that has no patterns or known origin. The individual mentions using programs like Matlab or Wolfram Mathematica for curve fitting and manipulating numerical data. They also mention searching for the number within an infinite set of numbers, but there is no guarantee that the number exists in the set. The difficulty of finding future values of equations that generate infinite numbers is also mentioned.
WebDawg
It has been a very long time since I have done any calc or hard math, I hope this question is in the right place.

I have a HUGE number, that is random and big. What do I need to study/look at to create a formula that will generate just it?

Physics news on Phys.org
I didnt understand your question.Lets suppose we have a number 4736282828262937372836388363728190.
What do you want ?
Make equations and find this number ?

what kind of data? probably there is no a general way to discover how it was created! in my opinion it is impossible since exist ordered sets of numbers that can be generated with different algorithms. But maybe a program like Matlab or Wolfram Mathematica can find something called a fit if the data is in a certain form.

Thanks GiuseppeR7.

That is what I was looking for to start. I do not want to approximate though, I have fit curves before, but I need and equation that would give the EXACT answer.

To answer some of the others questions, I do not care how it was created and no patterns exist in the number.

I am also talking about numbers that could be infinite or part of an infinite sequence.

Honestly, I have this massive number, and I want to search inside an infinite generated number (set?) and find that number inside of it. Now I know that there is nothing to guarantee that my set even exists in this infinite number. If I remember correctly, is it not incredibly difficult to find future values of equations that generate infinite numbers...I thought though some examples exist.

WebDawg said:
Honestly, I have this massive number, and I want to search inside an infinite generated number (set?) and find that number inside of it.
If you have an infinite set of numbers, what makes you think you will find the number you're looking for in a finite amount of time?
WebDawg said:
Now I know that there is nothing to guarantee that my set even exists in this infinite number.
This doesn't make sense. "Infinite number" - are you talking about a set with an infinite number of elements (numbers) in it?
WebDawg said:
If I remember correctly, is it not incredibly difficult to find future values of equations that generate infinite numbers...
Your terminology is off here. There are sequences (a sequence is a type of function) that are defined recursively, but they don't generate "infinite numbers."

As an example:
a0 = 1
an = an - 1 + 1, for n ≥ 1

This sequence is {1, 2, 3, 4, ...}. IOW, all of the positive integers.
WebDawg said:
I thought though some examples exist.

1. How do you determine the formula for fitting a very large random number?

The formula for fitting a very large random number is determined through mathematical analysis and statistical methods. This involves examining the patterns and characteristics of the random number and using mathematical principles to identify a formula that best represents the data.

2. Can a single formula accurately fit all large random numbers?

No, it is not possible for a single formula to accurately fit all large random numbers. Each random number has its own unique characteristics and may require a different formula for a good fit.

3. How do you validate the accuracy of a formula for fitting a large random number?

The accuracy of a formula for fitting a large random number can be validated through various methods such as comparing the predicted values from the formula to actual values, conducting statistical tests, and using cross-validation techniques.

4. Is it necessary to use a formula for fitting a very large random number?

It depends on the purpose of the analysis. If the goal is to simply describe the data, a formula may not be necessary. However, if the goal is to make predictions or gain a better understanding of the data, a formula can be useful.

5. Are there any limitations to using a formula for fitting a very large random number?

There are certain limitations to using a formula for fitting a very large random number. These include the assumption that the data follows a specific distribution, the presence of outliers, and the complexity of the data. Additionally, a formula may not accurately predict the behavior of the random number in all scenarios.