Fixing an electric motor and controller

In summary, the conversation is about modifying a current Maruti Suzuki Omni van into an electric van for goods carrying purpose. The modified vehicle should meet certain criteria, including a GVW of 2000kg, frontal area of 2.34 sq.m, and a maximum velocity of 60km/hr. The plan for the modification includes using a HPM 20 kw BLDC motor with HPC 700 controller, and a DC to DC converter for other electrical equipment. The specific motor and battery setup is yet to be decided. The person also seeks suggestions for the motor and controller.
aniket suryawanshi
hey I'm about to modify the current maruti suzuki omni van into electric van we're constructing it for goods carrying purpose. the current one is powered by ic engine developing 35 bhp and 60 n-m torque.

modified vehicle should satisfy following criteria.

1. GVW= 2000kg.
2. frontal area= 2.34 sq.m.
3. velocity= 60km/hr (max.)

Engineering news on Phys.org
You'll need a plan for the batteries, motor & motor controller, as well as a way to provide 12V to all of the standard equipment on the vehicle. What motor and battery setup do you plan to use?

HPM20KW-Specs.jpg
Mech_Engineer said:
You'll need a plan for the batteries, motor & motor controller, as well as a way to provide 12V to all of the standard equipment on the vehicle. What motor and battery setup do you plan to use?

i wish to use HPM 20 kw BLDC motor with HPC 700 controller.
as I'm newbee at this also give me your suggestions over my motor and controller.
i'm going to use dc to dc converter for all the other equipment which will be needed to run the other electrical appliances.
i'll decide battery type and capacity after fixing motor and controller.

1. How do I know if my electric motor or controller needs to be fixed?

The most common signs that an electric motor or controller needs to be fixed include unusual noises, decreased performance, and overheating. If you notice any of these issues, it's best to have a professional inspect the motor and controller.

2. Can I fix an electric motor or controller myself?

It is possible to fix an electric motor or controller yourself if you have the necessary knowledge and experience, but it's generally recommended to have a professional handle the repair. Electric motors and controllers can be complex and dangerous, so it's best to leave the repairs to someone with expertise in the field.

3. How long does it take to fix an electric motor or controller?

The time it takes to fix an electric motor or controller can vary depending on the extent of the damage and the availability of replacement parts. In some cases, a simple repair may only take a few hours, while a more complex repair may take several days or even weeks.

4. How much does it cost to fix an electric motor or controller?

The cost of fixing an electric motor or controller can vary greatly depending on the type of motor or controller, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. On average, repairs can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.

5. Can I prevent my electric motor or controller from needing frequent repairs?

Proper maintenance and usage can help prevent frequent repairs for your electric motor or controller. This includes regular cleaning, avoiding overloading the motor or controller, and addressing any issues or unusual noises as soon as they arise. It's also important to use the motor or controller according to the manufacturer's instructions and to have it inspected by a professional on a regular basis.