Flowfield visualization of a gun shooting underwater high speed video

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
MrPennywhistl
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I ran this experiment to find out what a gun would look like while shooting under water. Turns out to be quite interesting. The muzzle blast is NOT spherical as I first assumed.



Regards,

Mrpennywhistle
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Kk. I'd link a video of my own, but I don't think the physics of my cat being spun around on a hardwood floor is that interesting.
 
MrPennywhistl said:
I ran this experiment to find out what a gun would look like while shooting under water. Turns out to be quite interesting. The muzzle blast is NOT spherical as I first assumed.



Regards,

Mrpennywhistle


Cool. Thanks for posting. By the way you can embeed videos directly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eUlpPY96Ok
 
Last edited by a moderator: