1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Force on conductor after charge induction

1. Oct 2, 2015 #1
    i have a doubt on this one. we know +ve charge (proton) and neutrons make the most of mass for any matter. Now consider a conductor and through induction, centre of -ve charged is moved toward the object (insulator(static charge on it) with +ve charge say). Now these two attract and conducting object get attracted to +ve charged insulator. question is that this conducting object should move according to the force on +ve charge not according to -ve charge. so this conductor should get repelled? give justification where i am getting wrong?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2015 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have read the whole lot several times trying to sort out what you are saying ... still not sure

If you have a + charged and a - charged objects, they will attract .... why would they have reason to repel ?
    opposites attract

if that doesn't explain it, try rewording your question

Dave

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook