Forces between 2 parallel wires=>

• Thread starter noobie!
  • Start date

Homework Statement

four long straight parallel wires located at the corners of a square of side l=6cm carry equal current I=10A which is perpendicular.Determine the magnitude and direction of B at the center of the square.

Homework Equations

don't have,so sorry..

The Attempt at a Solution

i begin with drawing a free body diagram where the forces are located.Then i resolve them according to y-axis and x-axis.i use B=u(Ia)(Ib)l / 2pie(r) correct me if i'm wrong,but somehow i can't get the ans..could you please kindly rectify and guide me..thanks a lot..=>:smile:

Answers and Replies

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

Homework Statement

four long straight parallel wires located at the corners of a square of side l=6cm carry equal current I=10A which is perpendicular.Determine the magnitude and direction of B at the center of the square.

Homework Equations

don't have,so sorry..

The Attempt at a Solution

i begin with drawing a free body diagram where the forces are located.Then i resolve them according to y-axis and x-axis.i use B=u(Ia)(Ib)l / 2pie(r) correct me if i'm wrong,but somehow i can't get the ans..could you please kindly rectify and guide me..thanks a lot..=>:smile:
Are there any symmetries that you think you can exploit?
Such as what are the directions of the B-field at the center point. Do any of them offset each other?

oh,i can figure it out already,thanks for your guidance o:)

Could you please post the answer?
I subscribed to this thread to see the answer :P