1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Formula of Average Magnetic B Field Strength of Large Conductor

1. Aug 13, 2015 #1
    Any one knows how to calculate the magnetic B field strength at a distance from a Large Conductor ? Do we go by average ?

thanks

Image006.png

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

4. Aug 13, 2015 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Oh, and d is the distance from the center of the wire.

5. Aug 13, 2015 #4
    I do believe he means the magnetic field strength due to the perm. magnet.

In general, for an arbitrarily shaped magnet, this is difficult. One method would be to add up the magnetic dipoles over the volume, although I don't believe the value is given in a materials data sheet.

6. Aug 14, 2015 #5
    Yes tou are right . I am going to calculate the EMF(v) later as the magnet will be in motion at the same distance as the above drawing .
    He magnet will be N35 or N52 but it can be of any force the formula should be able to handle any type,of magnet and it T strength . The magnet will be a ring and it will rotate on its axis at some kind of rpm . But still this things shouldn't effect the formula . Any per idea ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
  7. Aug 16, 2015 #6
    any thoughts of how to calculate?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook