Formula of Average Magnetic B Field Strength of Large Conductor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 27K views
benofer90
Messages
64
Reaction score
1
Any one knows how to calculate the magnetic B field strength at a distance from a Large Conductor ? Do we go by average ?

thanks

Image006.png
 
Physics news on Phys.org
benofer90 said:
Any one knows how to calculate the magnetic B field strength at a distance from a Large Conductor ? Do we go by average ?

thanks

Image006.png

Use Ampere's Law:

http://wikipremed.com/01physicscards600/371a.gif
371a.gif
 
berkeman said:
Oh, and d is the distance from the center of the wire.

I do believe he means the magnetic field strength due to the perm. magnet.

In general, for an arbitrarily shaped magnet, this is difficult. One method would be to add up the magnetic dipoles over the volume, although I don't believe the value is given in a materials data sheet.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: benofer90
stedwards said:
I do believe he means the magnetic field strength due to the perm. magnet.

In general, for an arbitrarily shaped magnet, this is difficult. One method would be to add up the magnetic dipoles over the volume, although I don't believe the value is given in a materials data sheet.

Yes tou are right . I am going to calculate the EMF(v) later as the magnet will be in motion at the same distance as the above drawing .
He magnet will be N35 or N52 but it can be of any force the formula should be able to handle any type,of magnet and it T strength . The magnet will be a ring and it will rotate on its axis at some kind of rpm . But still this things shouldn't effect the formula . Any per idea ?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
benofer90 said:
Yes you are right . I am going to calculate the EMF(v) later as the magnet in motion at the some distance as the above drawing .

The magnet will be N35 or N52 but it can be of any force. The formula I am seeking should be able to handle any type of magnet and its T strength.

The magnet will be a ring and it will rotate on its axis at some kind of RPM . But still these things should not effect the formula .

any thoughts of how to calculate?