Fourier absorption spectra of Carbon monoxide

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
goGP
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
So I have a spectra of CO that I need to interpret. My guess is that the spectra will depend on the vibrational and vibrational factors but how could I see that?
I mean what will that come out like in the Fourier spectra?
any tips on this our a site where I can read more about it is appriciated.

/ goGP
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ok when looking around I have found some answers. found a picture of what we are looking at.

so basically what I know now is that we have
delta l = -1
to the left of the gap and
delta l = +1
to the right
and
delta l = 0 where the gap is

where l is the rotational angular momenta.

I also know that the peaks corresponds to a shift in both v and l value where v is the rotationalstate. with the rule that
delta v= +(-)1

so what I want with this now is to maybe see how the radius of the molecule differ with energy but I'm not really sure how to start.
 
Attachments
  • hclspec.gif
    hclspec.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 699
Last edited: