Free books about Nuclear Physics

• Thread starter saifadin
  • Start date
Free books about "Nuclear Physics"

Dear All
Is there any website offers free books about "Nuclear Physics". "nuclear bombs", "nuclear plans and reactors"????

Best regards

Answers and Replies

DOE books

Dear All
i got:

" DOE FUNDAMENTALS HANDBOOK
NUCLEAR PHYSICS
AND REACTOR THEORY
Volume 1 and 2"

is it good resource?

B/R

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
As I said in your last message, "I don't think you will find many people who are willing to explain to you how to build your very own working nuclear device."

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
" DOE FUNDAMENTALS HANDBOOK NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND REACTOR THEORY
Volume 1 and 2" is a very basic handbook that covers some basic or fundamental background for nuclear reactor theory. It is not very detailed.

There are no 'free' books that have suitable details for designing a reactor, and certainly not one for nuclear weapons.

I remember back when I was in fifth grade me and my friends checked out a book on nuclear power for a report and we freaked out when we found a diagram showing how a nuclear bomb worked. We thought we would be able to build one from it haha.

I'm sure if you write to the DOE or IAEA they'll be sure to supply you some detailed schematics and tips.

Dear All
Is there any website offers free books about "Nuclear Physics". "nuclear bombs", "nuclear plans and reactors"????

Best regards
check this site and search the Nuclear phrase in E-Books section:
avaxhome.org

Morbius
Science Advisor
Dearly Missed

I remember back when I was in fifth grade me and my friends checked out a book on nuclear power for a report and we freaked out when we found a diagram showing how a nuclear bomb worked. We thought we would be able to build one from it haha.
Manzuoni,

Yes - you can get a "cartoon" diagram of a nuclear weapon - but NOT design details.

It's like someone gives you a drawing or picture of a car - sleek body, 4 wheels on rubber tires.

Now - do you have enough information to go out and design and construct your own car?

Of course NOT - the real secrets to how nuclear weapons work are still secret.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist

I want to learn the nuclear power for pease(electricity,medical ......)
Thanx

I agree with some of the other say. If at all you need to know the details of a nuclear reactor or a weapon, it is going to be very difficult to find one. However you can see the basics of a functioning nuclear reactor on wikipedia

QuantumPion
Science Advisor
Gold Member

see the link
http://www.freebookcentre.net/Physics/Nuclear-Physics-Books.html" [Broken]
Do they happen to have free books on how to build a bomb shelter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Do they happen to have free books on how to build a bomb shelter?
http://www.oism.org/nwss/

Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson H. Kearny

Not only is it free, but I believe it to be the most comprehensive reference book available.