Free books or learning tools for electrical engineering?

In summary, there are several free resources available for learning electrical engineering. These include the textbook "Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis" by J. DAVID IRWIN, "An Introduction to Semiconductor Principle" by Donald Neaman, and open courses from MIT and other universities. Additionally, there are free e-books and online resources such as Walt Jung's "Op Amp Applications Handbook" and a list of electrical engineering books on the e-books directory. These resources can be valuable tools for students or anyone interested in learning more about electrical engineering.
petormojer
What free books/pdfs or online learning tools(encyclopedias/notes) are there on electrical engineering that you recommend?

Physics news on Phys.org
i think "Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis by J. DAVID IRWIN (9th Edition)" is best textbook of EE

Also, You had better reading "An introduction to semiconductor principle by Donald Neaman 3rd edition"

It is gift for Electrical engineering student.

MIT opened up a number of their courses to everyone for free awhile ago, so I would start there. Each course has a different amount of stuff--some have video lectures, some just homework sets--but I've used a few for physics and they were great. Many other universities have opened up course work for free as well with different platforms. Below is a link to some of MIT's ee courses.

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/

@emplth, i said free books/pdfs. Those aren't free.

1. What are some websites or resources where I can find free books or learning tools for electrical engineering?

Some popular websites for free electrical engineering books and learning tools are Free-eBooks.net, PDF Drive, and E-Books Directory. Additionally, many universities and institutions offer open access to their course materials and textbooks through their websites.

2. Are these free books and learning tools reliable and of good quality?

It is always important to check the credibility and sources of any material, even if it is free. However, many of the websites and resources mentioned in question 1 have strict quality control measures in place to ensure the accuracy and reliability of their content. It is also helpful to read reviews and ratings from other users before downloading or using any material.

3. Can I find both beginner and advanced level books and tools on these websites?

Yes, most of these websites have a wide range of materials for all levels of learners. You can find introductory books and tools for those new to electrical engineering, as well as more advanced materials for those with experience in the field.

4. Do I need to pay for any subscriptions or memberships to access these free resources?

No, the websites mentioned above offer their materials for free without requiring any subscriptions or memberships. However, some websites may have ads or ask for donations to support their platform.

5. Can I download or print these free books and learning tools for offline use?

Most of these websites allow you to download or print their materials for offline use. However, it is important to check the terms and conditions of each website to ensure that you are not violating any copyright laws.