French system and american system

• Thread starter elabed haidar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    System
In summary, there are some differences between American and European degrees and the process of converting one to the other may require additional coursework or exams. It is important to research the specific requirements of the university and program you are interested in and consult with them directly to determine the best path for you.
elabed haidar
i have been hering a lot about american universities degree and europian degree so is there really a differennce and is so what should you do to convert your degree from one to the other??
for example ; i am studying physics in the lebanese university which is studied by the french system and i want to study in australlia and so my question is that my professors have told me that i can't change my major to engineering i hope he's wrong because i really want to become an engineer ??

last question if i want to study in australlia and i have a bachelor degree in pure physics or electronics how can i contiune my studies to become an engineer thank you all for your time

Physics news on Phys.org

Thank you for your inquiry about the differences between American and European degrees and the process of converting one to the other. I can offer some insight into this topic.

Firstly, there are some differences between American and European degrees in terms of their structure and requirements. American degrees typically follow a four-year undergraduate system, with students earning a Bachelor's degree in a specific field. In contrast, European degrees often follow a three-year undergraduate system, with students earning a Bachelor's degree in a broader subject area. Additionally, European degrees may require students to complete a Master's degree in order to specialize in a specific field.

In terms of converting a degree from one system to the other, it is important to research the specific requirements of the university you are interested in attending. Many universities have specific guidelines for evaluating international degrees and may require additional coursework or exams to ensure that the degree is equivalent to their own system.

In your case, as a student studying physics in the Lebanese University, which follows the French system, it is possible that your degree may not be directly transferable to an engineering program in Australia. However, this does not mean that it is impossible for you to become an engineer. You may need to take additional courses or exams to meet the requirements of the engineering program you are interested in. It is best to consult with the university directly to determine the specific steps you need to take.

If you have a bachelor's degree in pure physics or electronics, you may be able to continue your studies to become an engineer by pursuing a Master's degree in engineering. Again, it is important to research the specific requirements of the university you are interested in attending and to consult with them directly to determine the best path for you.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. It is always important to thoroughly research and understand the requirements of the university and program you are interested in before making any decisions. Best of luck in your academic journey.

FAQ: French system and american system

What are the main differences between the French and American systems?

The French system is a parliamentary republic with a strong central government and a multi-party political system, while the American system is a federal presidential republic with a separation of powers between the three branches of government.

How are laws created and passed in the French and American systems?

In France, laws are proposed by the government and passed by the National Assembly and the Senate. In the US, laws are proposed by Congress and signed into law by the President, or passed through a veto override process.

What are the education systems like in France and the US?

In France, education is highly centralized and based on a national curriculum, while in the US, education is more decentralized, with local and state control over curriculum and standards.

What are the healthcare systems like in France and the US?

France has a universal healthcare system, with most healthcare costs covered by the government, while the US has a mostly privatized healthcare system, with individuals responsible for their own healthcare costs.

How do the French and American systems handle social welfare?

The French system has a strong social welfare system, with government-provided benefits for things like healthcare, education, and retirement. In the US, social welfare programs are more limited and often provided through non-governmental organizations.