Frequency of receivers to receive each others transmission.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
mmcd051
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I need to calculate the frequency which the receivers should be tuned to too receive one another frequency. Both are transmitting at a frequency of 17.5 MHz. I know the answer should be 54.0MHz.

Homework Equations



Unsure

The Attempt at a Solution



Unsure of how to find the common frequency, I know your suppose to show how you attempted the question but am unsure how to even start. If someone could offer me a formula to start. I'm sure its an easy question, I am a bit stumped tho. Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
When I set up a circuit, I tune the receiver to the frequency the transmitter is tuned to (modulo possible offsets due to emission type). Perhaps there is some confusion in the statement of the problem.
 
mmcd051 said:

Homework Statement



I need to calculate the frequency which the receivers should be tuned to too receive one another frequency. Both are transmitting at a frequency of 17.5 MHz. I know the answer should be 54.0MHz.

Homework Equations



Unsure

The Attempt at a Solution



Unsure of how to find the common frequency, I know your suppose to show how you attempted the question but am unsure how to even start. If someone could offer me a formula to start. I'm sure its an easy question, I am a bit stumped tho. Thanks

Welcome to the PF. I agree with tms about not understanding your problem statement. If you have two transmitters at 17.5MHz, why would the receiver not be tuned to 17.5MHz as well? Is there some heterodyning part to the question perhaps?