RyanH42 said:
First qustion answer
We are in the future that's certain.So Let's call the time T.In this time we measure the CMB and we saw that it was half of its tempature today(Here we can use Wien Law Half of tempature means 2 times wavelength .Then the equation becomes ##2=a(T)/a(t_0)##
So ##2=a(T)/1.3##
##a(T)=2.6## then what will be T sinh(1.5T)^(2/3)=2.6
sinh(1.5T)=2.6^(3/2)
##sinh(1.5T)=4.19237##
##T=1.427## zeit
...
This is correct.
Remember that we are using approximations---for the present I am always saying 0.8 instead of 0.797. And I use the approximation 1.3
instead of something like 1.3115...
So our answers will not agree exactly with Jorrie's calculator
Here I put in S
upper = .5 and number of steps = 0 (just to get one row of the table) and selected D
now
[tex]{\scriptsize\begin{array}{|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|r|} \hline a=1/S&S&T (zeit)&D_{now} (lzeit)&D_{then}(lzeit) \\ \hline 2.000&0.500&1.435182&0.457231&0.914463\\ \hline \end{array}}[/tex]
So you were transported to a time 1.435 (and we got 1.427 which is close enough since we use approximations like 0.8 for the present.
And you landed on a planet which is NOW 0.457 lightzeit from us.
But it is at a time when distances are TWICE what they are now, so that planet is then 0.914 lightzeit from us.
For the second part you should get around 0.9 lightzeit---because it is an approximation anything near to 0.9 is good.
and you showed the correct integral in your answer (but for some reason there was a numerical error.)
If you do the integral again, that you wrote, I think you would get about 0.89 which is close to 0.9.