From one of PF's younger members

  • Thread starter Thread starter z-component
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Members
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 5K views
well done.

take as many classes as you can! first year is the most exciting and fun, the new people and all the experiences. it's easy to get involved. I'm sort of regretting not picking up extra classes in year one cause I'm having to work extra hard now on my maths, but next semester I'm picking up an extra two modules. sorted.

also, I know quite a few people doing aero engineering and although it's supremely difficult it's, some of it anyway, great fun. sure you're not tempted to change to cosmology? :biggrin:
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
There is a soaring club, which might be worthwhile -
http://www.clubs.psu.edu/up/soaring/

You might check the Aerospace department or the local airport.

Actually, I am assuming you are attending PSU in State College (University Park).
 
That's correct Astronuc. I know there's the University Park airport near campus and also a flight school there, but I didn't know about the soaring club. Thanks! :)
 
Congrats. You might want to consider getting involved in the SPIRIT project:

http://spirit.ee.psu.edu/"

I had some friends go through the Aerospace program at PSU and it helped them quite a bit, both as an educational tool and in applying for jobs. The sooner you start getting real world experience, the better.
 
Last edited by a moderator: