From one of PF's younger members

I'm 17, time to start my higher-level education and I'd like to share my great news to the rest of the community. I was accepted to The Pennsylvania State University - Main Campus for Aeronautical Engineering! :tongue:

That is my #1 choice and I'm so ecstatic!

Answers and Replies

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Congratulations, orthorgonal component of x and y! I always knew you'd get in to Penn. St.

Too bad you're not doing physics. :(

Zz.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats! Enjoy your time there! Get those study habits under control ASAP so you can enjoy more beer with your friends!

- Warren

Congratulations!

Thank you very much everyone! Zz: You have no clue how close I've come to declaring Physics. I just don't think the research/teaching path is right for me since I'm more into applied physics. Don't hate me! Warren: Who knows, I don't drink at all now but PSU could always change that. :)

Congrats! I never knew you wanted to go to Penn State.:wink:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Way to go,
z-component!!!!

anniv013.gif

Attachments

Danger
Gold Member
Great job, kid! It's a fine institution. Have fun.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
As a member of the state whose tax dollars help support the school, I hope you enjoy it there lol! BTW Its a great school good luck there.

Last edited:
yep, im happy for you :approve:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
GREAT JOB Z-COMPONENT!!!

Congratulations.

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats! College should be the best 4 years of your life. Make sure you savor it!

z-component said:
I'm 17, time to start my higher-level education and I'd like to share my great news to the rest of the community. I was accepted to The Pennsylvania State University - Main Campus for Aeronautical Engineering! :tongue:
That is my #1 choice and I'm so ecstatic!
Congrats! That's the same major I'm going into next year! (I'm 17 as well, difference is I'm applying mostly to Can. Universities).

Good luck!

Congratulations!

It is usual for offers of admission to arrive during this time of the year in the US? I'm awaiting offers as well, and in Canada, they usually don't arrive until March or April (there are exceptions with smaller universities, but all the ones that I've applied to don't send them out until April). In addition to being accepted, I congratulate you for being spared the torturous wait I'm going through right now. It's hell.

Does Penn State have rolling admissions?

Congrats by the way, I'll be going through this next year :)

Great news. Congrats! :smile:

ranger
Gold Member
Congrats dude!! :smile:

Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Congrats [tex]\hat{z}[/tex] !

And look out for Spacetiger and LeBrad !

Lisa!
Gold Member
Congrats!

Good luck!

Congrats indeed, i hardly know anyone here, but still!

am 17 too, but I will have to wait till 2007/2008 for advanced.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sisyphus said:
Congratulations!

It is usual for offers of admission to arrive during this time of the year in the US? I'm awaiting offers as well, and in Canada, they usually don't arrive until March or April (there are exceptions with smaller universities, but all the ones that I've applied to don't send them out until April). In addition to being accepted, I congratulate you for being spared the torturous wait I'm going through right now. It's hell.
Yes, admissions decisions start coming in this time of year in the US, at least for the top students who got their applications in early. They'll trickle in over the next few months. Penn probably has rolling admissions, which means they start evaluating the applications and admit their top picks, and start making decisions on the rest on a first-come-first-serve basis...if you get your applications in late, you risk missing out on a slot at those schools. They'll always hold a few open until the end for the outstanding late applicant, but most of those students are already well-advised to get their applications in as early as possible.

I actually learned that the long winter break at most universities isn't to just give the students a nice vacation, but to give the administrative offices time to focus on reviewing admissions applications without having to deal with the constant stream of students with problems coming to the offices too.

Oh, yeah, oops...almost forgot :redface: Congrats z-component! Penn State is a great choice!

___
i dont know what this is all about but, it looks like you've got what you wanted, so congratulations!!!!!!!!11111111:approve:

Thank you so much everyone!! Yes, PSU has rolling admission. Since I sent in my app before their recommended date, Nov. 31, I am guaranteed to find out by the end of January. The college admission process is exciting, and yes, the wait sometimes kills, but in the end I'm just happy it's over with! Good luck to those who are awaiting decisions or are soon applying to universities!

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
However, you do know of course that since U. of Wisconsin is my alma mater, and you're going to Penn St., and we are both in the Big Ten conference, that you are now my "enemy"!

Go Badgers!!

:)

Zz.