Fuel Cells for Isolated Electric Generation

NicolasBarberis

Hello, I am researching about fuel cells that use Ethanol as a fuel, because I want to buy a equiptment of approximate 5 Kw (Electric) that uses Ethanol as a fuel for electric generation in anyplace, where yet there is not supply of electrical Energy by wire.
Have you heard anything about this subject?
Do you know if there are commercially available products?

Sincerely.
Nicolas Barberis.

berkeman

Mentor
Hello, I am researching about fuel cells that use Ethanol as a fuel, because I want to buy a equiptment of approximate 5 Kw (Electric) that uses Ethanol as a fuel for electric generation in anyplace, where yet there is not supply of electrical Energy by wire.
Have you heard anything about this subject?
Do you know if there are commercially available products?

Sincerely.
Nicolas Barberis.
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

A Google search seems to turn up lots of hits, including some shopping links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ethanol+fuel+cell&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

NicolasBarberis

Thank you very much Beckerman. But I am researching application of this product, experiences of people that use it, suppliers of it because I want analize the possibility to buy this product. In Argentina We have a lot of problem with Electrical Energy because there are a lot of places that it hasn't energy.
My idea is try to resolve this problems with Fuel cell that use Ethanol as a fuel.
What is your opinion about this ?

Sincerely
Nicolas Barberis.

anorlunda

Mentor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Thank you very much Beckerman. But I am researching application of this product, experiences of people that use it, suppliers of it because I want analize the possibility to buy this product. In Argentina We have a lot of problem with Electrical Energy because there are a lot of places that it hasn't energy.
My idea is try to resolve this problems with Fuel cell that use Ethanol as a fuel.
What is your opinion about this ?

Sincerely
Nicolas Barberis.
Fuel cells have been much more successful in Japan than in the USA. See this PF thread. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/residential-fuel-cells-japan-vs-us-eu.910154/

NicolasBarberis

Thank you very much Anorlunda.