Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fuel Cells for Isolated Electric Generation

1. Jul 21, 2017 #1
    Hello, I am researching about fuel cells that use Ethanol as a fuel, because I want to buy a equiptment of approximate 5 Kw (Electric) that uses Ethanol as a fuel for electric generation in anyplace, where yet there is not supply of electrical Energy by wire.
    Have you heard anything about this subject?
    Do you know if there are commercially available products?

Sincerely.
    Nicolas Barberis.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

A Google search seems to turn up lots of hits, including some shopping links:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ethanol+fuel+cell&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

4. Aug 7, 2017 #3
    Thank you very much Beckerman. But I am researching application of this product, experiences of people that use it, suppliers of it because I want analize the possibility to buy this product. In Argentina We have a lot of problem with Electrical Energy because there are a lot of places that it hasn't energy.
    My idea is try to resolve this problems with Fuel cell that use Ethanol as a fuel.
    What is your opinion about this ?

Sincerely
    Nicolas Barberis.

5. Aug 7, 2017 #4

anorlunda

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Fuel cells have been much more successful in Japan than in the USA. See this PF thread. https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/residential-fuel-cells-japan-vs-us-eu.910154/

6. Aug 9, 2017 #5
    Thank you very much Anorlunda.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted