Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Function works on Windows but not Linux

1. Feb 24, 2012 #1
    I downloaded largestcomponent.m today and it runs fine on my PC (Win 7 Enterprise SP 1) but when I try it on my Linux machine (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) I get this message:

??? Undefined function or method 'largestcomponent' for input arguments of type 'double'.

Even if I put the function file in the same directory as the input it doesn't work on the Linux machine. Any suggestions?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 24, 2012 #2

Pythagorean

Gold Member

make sure your 'set path' included the directory it's in.

the only other thing I can think of is you are accidentally handing a double to it when it should be something else.

4. Feb 25, 2012 #3
    get creative, don't be afraid to try stuff...nothing is going to happen, it is just a computer program....so, put your detective hat and try stuff.

to start, I would put a trivial function with no arguments...just to see if you are actually reaching such file, like mentioned before (path issues?)

5. Feb 27, 2012 #4
    Thanks to you both. Ultimately it was a path issue, although I thought I had checked that thoroughly before I posted.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook