1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Game Theory

1. Jan 11, 2010 #1
    Recently my economics class and john nash have lead to a curious interest in Game Theory. I'm obviously looking for an introduction, but all the ones I found on amazon seem to elude any mathematics, which is my main passion. So I ask for a proper introduction to Game Theory which is not afraid to dive into the math. Bearing in mind though, I have not studied multi variable calculus which from my knowledge seems to come into play at some points, but I also love a challenge.

Thanks all!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2010 #2

Science Advisor

This one is very clear!

But I think it will be tough if you haven't had any multivariable calculus. Have you at least done some linear algebra?
  4. Jan 13, 2010 #3
  5. Jan 13, 2010 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  6. Jan 13, 2010 #5
    Wise choice, then!
  7. Jan 13, 2010 #6

Science Advisor

8. Jan 18, 2010 #7
    I think Jean Tirole and Drew Fudenberg's Game Theory and Osborne and Rubinstein's A Course in Game Theory will satisfy you. If not, I recommend that you can search some essays in this area.
  9. Jan 18, 2010 #8
    Fisicks, if you go to the author's web site you'll find the pdfs of the first edition for free.
  10. Jan 24, 2010 #9
    Yale game thoery video lectures
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  11. Feb 6, 2010 #10
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook