Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Game Theory

1. Jan 11, 2010 #1
    Recently my economics class and john nash have lead to a curious interest in Game Theory. I'm obviously looking for an introduction, but all the ones I found on amazon seem to elude any mathematics, which is my main passion. So I ask for a proper introduction to Game Theory which is not afraid to dive into the math. Bearing in mind though, I have not studied multi variable calculus which from my knowledge seems to come into play at some points, but I also love a challenge.

Thanks all!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2010 #2

Landau

Science Advisor

This one is very clear!

But I think it will be tough if you haven't had any multivariable calculus. Have you at least done some linear algebra?

4. Jan 13, 2010 #3
  5. Jan 13, 2010 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  6. Jan 13, 2010 #5
    Wise choice, then!

7. Jan 13, 2010 #6

blechman

Science Advisor

8. Jan 18, 2010 #7
    I think Jean Tirole and Drew Fudenberg's Game Theory and Osborne and Rubinstein's A Course in Game Theory will satisfy you. If not, I recommend that you can search some essays in this area.

9. Jan 18, 2010 #8
    Fisicks, if you go to the author's web site you'll find the pdfs of the first edition for free.

10. Jan 24, 2010 #9
    Yale game thoery video lectures

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  11. Feb 6, 2010 #10
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook