Get Ready For This One *Part 2*

• Thread starter DjTechnics
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has discovered a solution to their problem by building a hydraulic RAM pump, which was used 300 years ago to raise water to the surface. The pump has two moving parts and can raise water to a higher level than originally tested. The speaker is now looking to build the pump for under $25 using PVC pipe, but is unsure where to get the necessary valves. A link is provided for more information on the pump, but it is noted that commercial versions are being sold for around $1500.
DjTechnics
As i explained in *Get Ready For This* I have found the ultimate solution to my problem. Build a hydraulic RAM PUMP. These pumps were used 300 years ago to use the same water to raise water to the surface. The simple pump uses to moving parts which are a waste valve and an outlet valve into a compressed cylinder up and exerts the water much higher than originally tested! :biggrin:

*Now I need to build it under 25 dollars*
I know PVC pipe is the cheapest but i have no clue where to get these valves or what they really are.

Wish me luck!

http://atlaspub.tripod.com/0d85d910.gif [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This might help (see the link on the page for the details): http://nep.gngateway.org.uk/renewable-energy/renewable-energy-technologies/the-hydraulic-ram-pump [Broken]

These guys are selling them for about $1500, so good luck building one for $25.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear fellow scientist,

It is always exciting to hear about new solutions to problems, and I am glad to hear that you have found the ultimate solution to your problem. Your idea to build a hydraulic RAM pump is an interesting one, as these pumps have been used for centuries to raise water to the surface.

However, I would like to caution you that while these pumps may have been used successfully in the past, it is important to thoroughly research and test your design to ensure its effectiveness in modern times. Additionally, I would recommend consulting with experts in the field of hydraulic engineering to ensure the safety and efficiency of your pump.

As for your budget of $25, I understand that PVC pipe may seem like the most cost-effective option, but it is important to consider the quality and durability of materials when building a machine that will be handling water. I suggest researching alternative materials that may be more suitable for your project within your budget.

Furthermore, I would recommend researching and familiarizing yourself with the different types of valves and where they can be obtained. You may also want to consider reaching out to local hardware stores or online retailers for assistance in finding the necessary valves for your project.

I wish you the best of luck with your project and hope that it will be a successful and efficient solution to your problem. Remember to always prioritize safety and thorough research in your scientific endeavors.

Best regards,

1. What is the purpose of "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*"?

The purpose of "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*" is to continue a previous discussion or presentation, often building upon the information or ideas presented in the first part.

2. Can I understand "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*" if I didn't see Part 1?

While it may be helpful to have seen Part 1, "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*" should be able to stand on its own and provide enough context for understanding without having seen the first part.

3. Is "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*" a sequel or a continuation?

The distinction between a sequel and a continuation can be subjective, but in general, "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*" is considered a continuation as it directly follows the first part and expands upon its content rather than presenting a new, separate story or topic.

4. Are there any prerequisites for understanding "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*"?

This can vary depending on the specific topic or subject, but in general, it is helpful to have some basic knowledge or background information on the subject matter in order to fully understand and appreciate "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*".

5. Can "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*" be enjoyed by people of all ages?

While the content of "Get Ready For This One *Part 2*" may vary, it is generally suitable for all ages. However, younger audiences may need additional support or explanation to fully understand the material.