Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Golang Concurrency: Ignoring request from channel

1. Jan 2, 2015 #1

TheDemx27

Gold Member

I'm going back to basics again in an attempt to add golang to my list of "pretty well learned" languages. What I need to do should have a pretty simple solution: I want to ignore a request to get a result from a channel in golang, if you need to know the particular situation I have a link to my code here, where I want to "ignore" floatchan2 in main().

Now I know that it will print out every other ratio when working so you don't need to point that out. :P

Edit: Also, as a side question, why do I still have gold status? I thought my six months expired in November 2014.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 3, 2015 #2

TheDemx27

Gold Member

Well, I found a solution that works around it and is less confusing than the original code, so I guess I don't need anyone's help now. Still there should be a way to do what I was asking in the OP, and if someone would find it for me I would be grateful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook