Golden Book of chemistry is free

  • Thread starter Thread starter DennisR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
DennisR
Link deleted by mentor
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I had no idea they were banning books like this. I just thought they were letting them go out of print. At any rate, modern books do seem exceptionally sanitized compared to the old ones.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's something from one of the comments at the Amazon link:

It is commonly reported that this book was banned by the US government, and pulled from all school library shelves. I have not yet seen any documentation of this report, so I suspect it is an urban legend.
 
Is there any evidence it was banned? Much less "unbanned"?
 
Vanadium 50 said:
Is there any evidence it was banned? Much less "unbanned"?
I googled for many pages and couldn't find any evidence of any government or school system or public library system banning it. The notion it is a "banned book" is repeated over and over and over again though. About a third of links call that notion into question. It doesn't seem like anyone has any information on the origin of that idea/rumor.