What books can I use to learn chemistry as a physicist?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WildBohr137
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
10 replies · 4K views
WildBohr137
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I trying to learn chemistry as a physicist. Any advice?

What books would you recommend?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
“Chemical Principles” by Dickerson et al. I still prefer the first edition.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier and WildBohr137
apostolosdt said:
“Chemical Principles” by Dickerson et al. I still prefer the first edition.
Thank you!
 
atkins - physical chemistry

any particular field of chemistry that interests you?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, Jody, WildBohr137 and 1 other person
malawi_glenn said:
atkins - physical chemistry

any particular field of chemistry that interests you?
I like all I have seen so far!

But if I had to pick one I’d say a thing that relates to medicine.
 
Interesting combo: A physicist wanting to learn chemistry related to medicine. I admire your “world view”. Honestly!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier and WildBohr137
apostolosdt said:
Interesting combo: A physicist wanting to learn chemistry related to medicine. I admire your “world view”. Honestly!
Thank you!!