1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good book recommendation for calculus

1. Mar 6, 2012 #1
    I'm looking for a book that could help me get a better grasp on calculus and its related concepts. I've been through all 3 calc courses (covered derivatives, integrations and techniques, vectors and fields and 3 dimensional applications) but i dont feel as though i've completely grasped everything involved. I'm hoping to build a more intuitive understanding if possible. I've been considering the book "Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach" but have heard that it lacks in the area of proofs, which I was really hoping to come to understand. Would anyone have any recommendations for a good book to help me reach this end?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2012 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You could try Spivak...

4. Mar 6, 2012 #3
    or Apostol

5. Mar 6, 2012 #4
  6. Mar 6, 2012 #5

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

7. Mar 6, 2012 #6

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  8. Mar 7, 2012 #7
    Thanks for the recommendation! The review was very thorough and it sounds like this book is exactly what i was looking for! Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  9. Dec 24, 2012 #8
    mathwonk's review is now at
    http://www.worldscientific.com/page/4920-review01

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook