Good introductory engineering textbooks?

In summary, the speaker is looking for well-known and comprehensive introductory texts in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and aerospace engineering at the undergraduate level. They are interested in finding texts similar to University Physics by Sears and Zemansky and Resnick and Halliday in physics. They are suggested to check the Engineering Textbooks sub-forum on the PF website to see if any of the textbooks mentioned there fit their criteria.
accioquote
I'd like to find out the names of well known and comprehensive introductory texts(at the undergraduate level) in electrical engineering, mechanical (and) aerospace engineering.
I'm looking at the something like what University Physics(Sears and Zemansky), Resnick and Halliday are in physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
accioquote said:
I'd like to find out the names of well known and comprehensive introductory texts(at the undergraduate level) in electrical engineering, mechanical (and) aerospace engineering.
I'm looking at the something like what University Physics(Sears and Zemansky), Resnick and Halliday are in physics.

Have you looked in the Engineering Textbooks sub-forum here at the PF?

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=226

See if it looks like some of those textbooks are what you are looking for. :smile:

Related to Good introductory engineering textbooks?

What are the top five recommended introductory engineering textbooks?

The top five recommended introductory engineering textbooks are:

• Introduction to Engineering by Paul H. Wright and John Bird
  • An Introduction to Mechanical Engineering by Jonathan Wickert and Kemper Lewis
  • Engineering Fundamentals: An Introduction to Engineering by Saeed Moaveni
  • Introduction to Engineering: Modeling and Problem Solving by Jay Brockman
  • Engineering: An Introduction by William D. Callister Jr. and David G. Rethwisch

How do I choose the right introductory engineering textbook for my needs?

To choose the right introductory engineering textbook, consider your specific field of engineering, your level of knowledge and experience, and your learning style. It is also helpful to read reviews and recommendations from other engineers or professors.

Can I rent or borrow introductory engineering textbooks?

Yes, many introductory engineering textbooks can be rented or borrowed from libraries or online rental services. Some textbooks also have digital versions available for purchase or rental.

Are there any free online resources for introductory engineering textbooks?

Yes, there are many free online resources for introductory engineering textbooks, including open access textbooks, lecture notes, and video lectures. Some universities also offer free online courses in introductory engineering topics.

What are the key topics covered in most introductory engineering textbooks?

The key topics covered in most introductory engineering textbooks include engineering fundamentals, problem-solving techniques, mathematics and physics for engineers, materials and their properties, mechanics, thermodynamics, and engineering design. Some textbooks may also cover specific engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering.