Got my First Telescope | Celestron Sky Prodigy 130 | Astrophotography

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 6K views
So, the T ring adapter for these are basically M42 adapters, which is the thread the standard size telescope mount adapters have?

Like http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Ring-for-Sony-NEX-Cameras-Adapter-1-25inches-Telescope-Mount-Tube-/161731598607?

I also see some advertise adapters with Barlow lenses..
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
davenn said:
If you did refocus after that initial hour of imaging, I could only imagine that either
1) you dissed the focus point
2) atmospheric changes
3) The lens hadn't dewed over in the cool conditions ??

#3 caught me out one nite ... It shouldn't have I should have known better LOL ... took a little while
for the penny to drop and to figure out why images were blurry

Good ideas, but I ruled (1) and (3) out by inspection- I have a 10x loupe that I occasionally use to accurately focus, and I just looked through the lens for fog/condensation.

I'm now thinking that there were some high thin clouds that moved in- too thin to see by eye, but enough to cause scattering and blur the stars.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
Glenstr said:
So, the T ring adapter for these are basically M42 adapters, which is the thread the standard size telescope mount adapters have?

Like http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Ring-for-Sony-NEX-Cameras-Adapter-1-25inches-Telescope-Mount-Tube-/161731598607?

I also see some advertise adapters with Barlow lenses..
one end of the adaptor has the fitting suitable for your camera body mount, the other end is usually a smooth tube that will slide into the telescope eyepiece holder
instead of the eyepiece. there are 2 standard diameter sizes of eyepieces ... 1.25" and 2". so check your scope ( its most likely 1.25") and get the appropriate
one to suitDave