1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Grade 11 Physics Homework Help :]

1. Oct 8, 2009 #1
    Hi guys, please help me out on this question, im doing a Position x Time Graph Lab (displacement vs time). and For the analyzing and interpreting questions, i have this question im stuck on ...

2. For constant acceleration, how does the average velocity for an interval compare with the instantaneous velocity at half-time in the interval?

Note: This is basic physics (grade 11 University Physics Course).
    for a Displacement vs Time Graph.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2009 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

What do you think? If you call the initial and final velocities for the interval Vi & Vf, how would you express the two quantities in question?

(I assume this question is restricted to motion in one dimension.)

4. Oct 9, 2009 #3
    dude what are u smoking :O

wtf is Vi, and Vf????

all i know is Velocity, Speed, Acceleration and Displacement. None of that university level **** u just said :eek:

cmon can i just awnser it in basic terms? its my first year in physics :@

5. Oct 9, 2009 #4
    Vi = Initial Velocity
    Vf = Final Velocity

6. Oct 9, 2009 #5

lewando

Gold Member

"Dude", we are here to help. You could help yourself by stepping up your game a bit. This problem can be solved with 11th-grade reasoning powers. If you can please tell us how you are thinking through this problem, we can better guide you to the answer. Also, since you have an interest in the ignition habits of posters, I would recommend anything from Rocky Patel. Had a "Patel Brothers" recently. Quite intense.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook