1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gravitational Vortex Power plant

1. Jul 29, 2013 #1
    Does any body here have any information about gravitational vortex power plant..?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 29, 2013 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

4. Jul 29, 2013 #3
    Yes... I heard about the gravitational vortex power plant form my college seniors. I would like to do my project on it. Actually i am a little confused about getting an optimal model for a particular power.How the diameter of the vortex chamber and the outlet diameter should be changed for a particular inlet discharge...

5. Jul 31, 2013 #4
    Hi friends... Actually i joined this community believing i will get productive reply for the problems that i face in the progress of my project.. but now .. i have posted a problem and i am not even getting even two reply... Please help me out physics forum..

6. Jul 31, 2013 #5
    I replied to a similar question here
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=520878
    about two years ago.
    Maybe i was a bit unfriendly, but things haven´t changed much since then. Most of the technical information I linked to is in German, so you´ll have to translate.

7. Jul 31, 2013 #6

russ_watters

I think the problem here is that you've asked a very broad and vague question without showing even a hint of effort in trying to figure it out on your own. We're not going to do the entire project for you. What have you found/tried so far?

8. Jul 31, 2013 #7
    http://www.4shared.com/video/V56NOiOu/MOV01475.html?

The above link shows the video of the prototype that i made it showed the voltage generated to around 1.9V.
    My aim is to find out how much power can be extracted from a particular model...and the dependence of inlet discharge , diameter of the casing and outlet diameter(at the bottom centre) on this... I was not getting much information from anywhere... I don't want you to do me the whole project.. but i think you can guide me in the right direction..

9. Jul 31, 2013 #8

Drakkith

We'd love to, but getting help finding the optimal power for a power plant design most of us have never even heard of is going to be unlikely unless you can help us help you by giving specific questions and delving into the math.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook