Hand crank generator battery charger circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses using a DC permanent motor as a generator to charge a battery. It is suggested to use a circuit similar to a car alternator, with a rectifier and regulator. Additional information and resources are provided for reference.
mawad
Hello,
I want to use a DC permanent motor as a generator in order to use it to charge a battery. This generator will be rotated by hand. The speed is varying as it rotates by hand. I would like to know what is the circuit that I could use it to charge 12 V chargeable batter?
Best wishes,

Engineering news on Phys.org
mawad said:
Hello,
I want to use a DC permanent motor as a generator in order to use it to charge a battery. This generator will be rotated by hand. The speed is varying as it rotates by hand. I would like to know what is the circuit that I could use it to charge 12 V chargeable batter?
Best wishes,

You would do basically the same thing that is done with car alternator circuits. You would follow the generator output with a rectifier and regulator.

Here is more info:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/alternator.htm

1. How does a hand crank generator battery charger circuit work?

A hand crank generator battery charger circuit works by converting mechanical energy from the hand crank into electrical energy. This electrical energy is then used to charge a battery, which can then be used to power various devices.

2. What types of batteries can be charged using a hand crank generator battery charger circuit?

A hand crank generator battery charger circuit can typically charge any type of rechargeable battery, such as NiMH, NiCd, or lithium-ion batteries. However, it is important to check the specifications of the specific charger to ensure compatibility with your battery.

3. How long does it take to fully charge a battery using a hand crank generator battery charger circuit?

The time it takes to fully charge a battery using a hand crank generator battery charger circuit can vary depending on the battery capacity and the charging speed of the circuit. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours to fully charge a battery.

4. Can a hand crank generator battery charger circuit be used to charge multiple batteries at once?

Some hand crank generator battery charger circuits may have the capability to charge multiple batteries at once, while others may only be able to charge one battery at a time. It is important to check the specifications of the specific charger to determine its capabilities.

5. Is a hand crank generator battery charger circuit environmentally friendly?

Yes, a hand crank generator battery charger circuit is generally considered to be environmentally friendly because it uses mechanical energy rather than electricity from a power source. This means that it does not contribute to carbon emissions or use up non-renewable resources.