Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Has anyone studied Equilibrium thermodynamics by CJ Adkin?

1. Mar 14, 2016 #1
    I was hoping if anyone has studied it ,I might get help especially regarding its exercise.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2016 #2
    I have not, but I have to make the comment here ... Isn't "Equilibrium Thermodynamics" a bit of an oxymoron?

4. Mar 15, 2016 #3
    I guess but it mainly discusses laws of thermodynamics carnot engine etc

5. Mar 15, 2016 #4
    So, what's your question? Do you not want any help from anyone else except those who have used CJ Adkin?

6. Mar 17, 2016 #5
    Actually em studying this book now a days and i understand the theory but when it comes to questions , its hard to understand and proceed. hoping may be because of concepts I am not getting it . Want to clear my concepts . :)

7. Mar 18, 2016 #6

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Well, if you want meaningful help here you have to ask specific questions. Conceptual questions or clarifications about thermodynamics are OK in this forum if they're really basic, or in the Classical Physics forum if they're more advanced. Questions about specific exercises belong in one of the "Homework and Coursework Questions" forums.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  8. Mar 18, 2016 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You posted this on Monday, and by Thursday, you STILL have not provided any concise description of what exactly is the nature of your problem.

Here's how to use this forum, since you are new here:

1. Don't ask to ask! Just ask! Find the appropriate forum, as instructed by jtbell, and ASK AWAY!

2. Don't beat around the bush. 4 full days since you posted the first post in this thread, and it still hasn't gotten out of first base and has gone nowhere. This is a waste of time and patience.

3. Ask something specific! Don't just ask for whole lessons that are covered in class or in textbooks. That is not the most effective way to use a forum like this.

4. Don't just say that you don't understand. What exactly don't you understand? Where exactly did you stop understanding? You must understand something! Go back to where you understand stuff, and then trace where this understanding stopped. Then tell us that point. This shows us what you know, and what you don't, so that the explanation given can build ON TOP of what you do know! Otherwise, we might tell you something you can't comprehend, and we have to keep retreating and retracing the steps. I find such practice very aggravating very quickly.

5. Tell us exactly what you have attempted. Telling us "I don't know where to start" or "I don't know how to solve this" tells us nothing on what you do know and where you got stuck.

6. Be concise, precise, and descriptive. In this post alone, I've typed more than what you've typed in all your previous posts in this thread combined!

Zz.

9. Mar 28, 2016 #8
    My apologies ! and sorry I am actually new here . I will be careful and precise next time, should I remove my post from here?

10. Mar 29, 2016 #9
    No. But, if you have any specific questions, please start new threads.

11. Mar 30, 2016 #10
    OK, Sure n thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted