Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden?

1. Dec 6, 2007 #1
    make of this what you will, if its true, then i'll be absolutely amazed!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Has-Morgan-Spurlock-Found-Osama-Bin-Laden-7091.html

If he has, that would be the most embaressing thing ever for Bush! also i would imagine that Bin Laden would actually want this to happen, as it would make the US look like utter fools.

What do you think is more likely a reason for this being so popular so quickly with the companies that have seen it? maybe he has actually found something important out, even if he did not really 'find' bin laden.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2007 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No, obviously Bin Laden can make contact with people he wishes to, that's entirely different from him being "found".

The fact that a fool and his money are soon parted? The money making appeal of it, I would assume.

4. Dec 6, 2007 #3

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No idea what has made it so popular so quickly but I doubt he found bin laden considering Bin Laden has a $25 million price tag on his head. If I'd found him I would have scrapped the film called in the authorities and collected my winnings.

5. Dec 6, 2007 #4

Evo

You've got to wonder how long the person collecting the reward will live. :uhh:

6. Dec 6, 2007 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I found him once, but then I lost him again. :frown:

[​IMG]

7. Dec 6, 2007 #6

Evo

Heheh, I found him.

8. Dec 6, 2007 #7
    What if that's the big secret? He can show that he was found pretty quickly but let go because some peckerhead in DC thought it would be good for a more long-term political gain. Someone to demonize and scare citizens to make them easier to manipulate would be rather tempting in a purely machiavellon political view-point.

9. Dec 6, 2007 #8

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Here you go....
    [​IMG]...just print this 50 times.

10. Dec 6, 2007 #9

Evo

:rofl:

11. Dec 6, 2007 #10

jim mcnamara

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Na - ya didn't. He's the big fuzzy brown one next to the girl spewing hearts into the air. Betcha thought it was the guy inside the quoits circle. Fuzzy brown is just a disguise that only us martians can see through. :ugh:

12. Dec 6, 2007 #11
    Eh, sorry. That was actually Mohammed.

13. Dec 6, 2007 #12
    :rofl: careful, the sudanese govenment might come an get you now :rofl:

14. Dec 8, 2007 #13
    He's not the naked clown on the pogo stick in the lower right corner, is he?

15. Dec 8, 2007 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sure he didn't find Osama, or else they'd be advertising that he did. Since he didn't, all they can do is keep the content a secret and hope people will be lured in by the intrigue just to find out he never found anything.

16. Dec 11, 2007 #15
    i don't think its out of the realm of possibility that he could have met osama but obviously osama is going to take safety precautions so as not to get cruise missled after they leave. they might not have know where they met osama.

they could have been screened for bugs or tracking devices and worn a blindfold for a day or two and the next thing they see is osama handing them a camera to film with.

if they have in fact met osama after trying to find him then that would make bush and/or the CIA look quite bad. mostly it would be bush though, since a lot of people would find it hard to believe that the CIA cant be more resourceful then some guy trying to get material for a movie unless bush told them to forget about the whole manhunt thing.

17. Dec 11, 2007 #16

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wrong and wrong. He's the guy peeking out of the port-a-potty.

18. Dec 11, 2007 #17
    Hey, good eyes. He could still be a naked clown on a pogo stick though.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?