1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Have you ever heard about Mechatronic Engineering?

1. Jan 9, 2010 #1
    Its says is the combination of Mechanical, Electronic, Computers.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2010 #2
    Yes, good for building robots.

4. Jan 10, 2010 #3

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

It also sounds similar to Control Systems Engineering.

5. Feb 2, 2010 #4
    yup, thats about right. I had a roommate that was studying mechatronics engineering. From what I could tell, his curriculum had about an equal mix of mechanical and electrical engineering courses with the expected level of math and humanities courses. And as mentioned, mechatronics is good for robots, mechanization, etc.

6. Feb 3, 2010 #5
    Design News has a section on Mechatronics...
    http://www.designnews.com/hottopic/The_Mechatronics_Zone/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. Feb 12, 2010 #6
    Yes...i have heard about this one.This program is actually a combination of mechanical,electronics,control,computers and system designing streams.If you are looking at it as a carreer option, this will allow you to design,construct and run factory production lines and automated process where they use their skills.This degree will help u to become an automation and control engineer,instrumentation engineer,bio-medical engineer etc. UPES offers courses in this field in India. You can get a detailed info in their website. (upes.ac.in/electronics.asp).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook