Have you ever heard of the physicist Alex Abastian (sp?)

In summary, the conversation discusses the spelling of a person's name, which may be Alex (or Alec) Sebastian or Sebastien (or even Sebastienne). It is mentioned that the person has passed away within the last year or two, and it is noted that thousands of people become physicists each year and also pass away. The conversation concludes with the suggestion that more specific information about the person's field or work would be helpful in identifying him.
warfreak131
I'm not sure how it's spelled, Abastian, Ebastian, etc. He died recently, probably within the past year or two.

Physics news on Phys.org
Statistically - every year several thousands (if not tens of thousands) people finish their physics studies, that makes them physicists. That also mens every year several thousands (if not tens of thousands) physicist die.

Unless he was renowned for something question is way to broad for a reasonable answer.

If you heard the name, it could be Alex (or Alec) Sebastian or Sebastien (or even Sebastienne) not Abastian.

But I agree, the question is too vague, unless somebody here actually knows the guy personally.

It might help if you could tell us what kind of physics he worked in, or what experiments he was associated with, etc.

I am familiar with many physicists, but I have not heard of Alex Abastian. It is possible that he was not well-known in the scientific community or that he worked in a specialized field that I am not familiar with. I am sorry to hear that he passed away recently. It is always a loss for the scientific community when a brilliant mind is lost. If you have any more information about his work or contributions to the field, I would be interested in learning more about him.

Related to Have you ever heard of the physicist Alex Abastian (sp?)

1. Have you ever heard of the physicist Alex Abastian (sp?)

As a scientist, I have not personally heard of a physicist named Alex Abastian. It is possible that this person may be a relatively unknown or emerging scientist in the field.

2. Is Alex Abastian (sp?) a well-known physicist?

Based on my knowledge and research, I cannot confirm if Alex Abastian is a well-known physicist or not. It is possible that they are well-known in a specific subfield or community within physics.

3. What are Alex Abastian's (sp?) contributions to the field of physics?

Without knowing more about Alex Abastian, it is difficult for me to answer this question. Their contributions may vary depending on their specific research interests and areas of expertise.

4. Can you provide any information about Alex Abastian's (sp?) research or publications?

As a scientist, I do not have access to information about every individual scientist's research or publications. If you are interested in learning more about Alex Abastian's work, I suggest reaching out to them directly or searching for their publications online.

5. How can I learn more about Alex Abastian (sp?) and their work?

There are a few ways you can learn more about Alex Abastian and their work. You can search for their publications online, reach out to them directly for more information, or attend any conferences or talks where they may be presenting their research.